Monday, December 15, 2008

Note: the 2009 race filled in 8 minutes, 54 seconds!



At 8:00am Sunday morning, I duked it out (virtually) with who knows how many other runners for an entry into the Way To Cool 50k. Each year, registration for this event fills in about 10 minutes so a fast internet connection, an Active.com account and a little luck are what's needed if you want in. I got lucky. After about 5 minutes of flogging the mouse/refresh botton, I got through. Now that the tough part is done, all I have to do is train well and go run it. I have never run this one before but I hear it's a lot of fun and generally known as the informal kickoff to the 2009 Sierra Nevada ultra running season. Lots of top runners and ultra legends show up to run so it will be interesting to see who will be there. I'm looking forward to my first ultra of 2009...should be a blast!

No comments: