Monday, February 23, 2009

Tahoe Rim Trail 100 Mile Endurance Run

After further consideration, the Tahoe Rim Trail 100 mile run is now in the lead and putting distance on the other 100's I have had on my summer running radar. I will be making a final decision soon but have to say that this will most likely be the one if/when I get around to making up my mind. It's tough for sure with an elevation low of 6,800 feet / high of 9,214 feet and 19,788 feet of climb/descent...maybe a little too tough? I can do it.

My training has been going well mixing hill work, tempo and long slow distance pretty regularly. I took a quick break at the beginning of February to let myself rest a little and now am back at it. If I continue at this level of intensity, my fitness shouldn't be a question so really it boils down to logistics and money. Crew for TRT would be optional. A pacer, however, would be nice to have so that is another question mark. There's not exactly a long line of runners forming yet, chomping at the bit to spend the night stumbling around the Sierra Nevada high country with a 100 mile rookie. Not just any idiot can pace in a 100...gonna need a special idiot. Luckily I know a few.

No comments: