Wednesday, February 11, 2009

Revised Plans.....


I have had the Cascade Crest 100 (photo by Glenn Tachiyama..thanks G!) on my wish list for 2009 for the past couple months thinking that if everything fell into place, it would make a nice first 100 mile finish. Plenty of elevation gain/loss..a challenging course...and a chance to reconnect with some friends and acquaintances from the Pacific Northwest. Your chances for entrance into this race are greatly improved by getting your postmarked entry in the mail on Feb. 9th as the race director fills spots on a first come, first served basis and the 9th is the earliest date allowed to send in your application.


The best laid plans...


After speaking with Kourey (my level headed wife of almost 21 years) about the race, she reminded me that my physical conditioning is in better shape than our bank account and that while running 100 miles is a a worthy endeavor to be sure, it could make life financially difficult come late summer. Ahh, I hate reasonable thinking sometimes. A sound argument...I acquiesced. She's right and I will pick another 100 closer to home. The Cascade Mountain Range and my PacNW friends will have to wait for another time. Headlands, TRT, San Diego??? Lots to think about in the coming weeks...


BBB

No comments: